After the end of the useful life of vehicles and before replacing them with new ones, the most logical method is car recycling. In addition to economic and industrial benefits, car recycling in Brisbane also helps to protect the Australian environment. This industry is one of the most important sources of raw materials for the steel industry and the added value of scrap iron from junk cars is far greater than the consumption of iron ore. For this reason, steel produced from the source of junk cars is much cheaper than steel produced from the conversion of iron ore.
The importance of car recycling in Brisbane
In the production of modern cars, large amounts of various metals are used, and if these metals are recycled, while preserving their physical properties, a significant amount of energy and cost are saved. Many of these metals are very expensive and limited due to their characteristics of production and supply in world markets. Recycled metals are used in other industries in addition to manufacturing and automotive industries, such as packaging, home appliances, and building materials. About 11 million vehicles are collected and recycled annually worldwide. Scrap iron from this process provides up to 40% of the total scrap iron required by the steel industry in all parts of the world.
According to a scientific study, in iron factories that use low-sulfur scrap iron instead of high-sulfur iron ore, air pollution is reduced by up to 86% and water pollution by up to 76%. A group of American experts have studied this issue and found that the use of scrap iron from junk cars is very low. For this reason, it is recommended to use car recycling methods more. Factories and recycling centers can have different shapes in terms of volume and size; Some operate as small, low-capacity workshops, and some as well-equipped, mechanized factories. In some of these centers, which have good facilities, The process of car recycling is done in one place, but in small centers, only a part of the recycling process is done in a single place.
Stages of Car Recycling in Brisbane
However, it is necessary to examine each of the stages of the car recycling process separately to determine its true benefits. In the process of car recycling, several operations are performed in a specific sequence, which are:
- Collection and accumulation of cars in special parking lots
- Scrapping used cars
- Body Cutting
- Iron body scrap iron press (crushing)
- Crushing and grinding metals
- Separation of consumables used materials in the body and inside the car.
Specific operations of the mentioned steps
Each of the above six steps involves specific operations that are briefly described.
- In the stage of collecting and accumulating vehicles, observing the useful life of the vehicle and legal and disciplinary measures are taken as the first step. The vehicles are then collected in a place where junk cars are. This is called car recycling This area can be indoor or outdoor places and sometimes its area reaches several hectares. The following points should be considered in choosing the place of accumulation and storage of junk cars:
- Parking substructure, which is better made of concrete or asphalt so that when it rains, car liquids that are washed do not penetrate the soil.
- Creating an aqueduct in the area to carry rainwater to sewage.
- Avoid scrapping cars in dirt, grass, or stony areas due to the possibility of fuel and oil penetrating the ground.
- Scrapping cars should be done based on special rules and conditions. At this stage, the fuel, oil, and water of the car batteries must be removed first. The separated materials are then transferred to special refinery places in the car recycling industry, after which the various parts of the car are separated from each other. At this stage, all internal and external parts are separated from the main body so that in addition to separating the materials, only the skeleton of the car body, which is made of metal, remains. After separation, they can be resold or recycled according to their condition and quality.
The parts that can be used are sold to specific customers at a cheaper price than the market. Even some rare pieces can be found among scrapped pieces. Other plastic and glass parts of used cars can be easily recycled. These materials are used in the production of spare parts for new cars.
In the third stage of scrapping the car and car recycling, the different parts of the engine, differential, gearbox, and axles are separated. This step is actually the last step before sending the car body to the cutting or pressing part.
- After all the parts and components of the car have been removed, it is time to cut the car’s body. Some car recycling centers lack car crushing and milling equipment. For this reason, the bodies of scrapped cars are cut to make them smaller and more portable. The metal parts are then transferred to steel and other parts to recycling centers.
- In the fourth stage, the car’s body is crushed. This step is actually the last car recycling At this stage, the economic benefits and profits of recycling used cars are revealed. In other words, so far the work has been a prelude to achieving economic benefits, and from this point on, the desired profit is achieved. Metallic and non-metallic components are separated from each other. After pressing the mentioned parts, the pressed packages are delivered to the crushing and grinding machines. About 25% of the total weight of a scrapped vehicle is accounted for by its non-metallic parts, which are used to recycle and convert parts such as bumpers.
With calling to Junk Car Removals helps to protect the Australian environment. We hope you enjoy this article.